U.S. HEADLINE TOUR!!
GOJIRA TO EMBARK ON FIRST HEADLINE TOUR THIS WINTER BAND TO HIT THE ROAD WITH THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT + THE ATLAS MOTH
(New York, NY): Metal behemoths Gojira will embark on their first headline tour of the U.S. this winter, with The Devin Townsend Project and The Atlas Moth serving as support. The band's Roadrunner debut L'Enfant Sauvage was released in June of this year, to much critical acclaim.
The tour kicks off on January 14 in Minneapolis and runs through February 16, wrapping up in Philadelphia. It will wind through the country and Canada, hitting major markets along the way.
Fans who pre-order tickets before December 1 will be rewarded for their early support. They will receive an instant download of two exclusive live tracks ("Love" and "Toxic Garbage") from the band's special NYC show at Webster Hall, which was recorded in August of 2012, along with a download of a full show from the band's current European tour. The full show will be provided via email at a later date.
Therefore, going to see Gojira in the live realm –where they are known to be absolutely devastating and able to shake the foundation of the venues in which they play- is a constantly renewable experience.
Below is a sample of what the press is saying about Gojira.
"Epic assaults…delicate interludes…a devastating and harmonious combination of the organic and mechanical. Like all memorable monsters, this beast has a soul." –Alternative Press
"One of the most riveting and challenging metal records of the year." –Pitchfork
"An all balls, no baguettes affair." –Decibel
"Mechanistic precision." –AV Club
"Wages guerilla warfare." –SPIN
"Impossible to pigeonhole and harder to ignore, one of the year's best." -Outburn
"Melody, brutality, atmosphere, top-notch musicianship, and most important quality songs abound." –About
"There isn't a single flaw to be found on this album and it's exactly what metal needed to step into the next generation." –Blabbermouth
"The isn't just the next chapter for Gojira' it's the next for heavy metal at large." –ARTISTdirect
"It's heavy, it's accessible, it's layered with beauty, and most importantly, it's well-written." –Loudwire
"Cements Gojira's place as one of the most inventive, unique metal bands of today." –Bloody Disgusting
- 14 - Mill City Nights - Minneapolis, MN
- 15 - The Garrick Centre - Winnipeg, MB
- 16 - Odeon Events Centre - Saskatoon, SK
- 17 - MacEwan Hall Ballroom - Calgary, AB
- 19 - Vogue Theater - Vancouver, BC
- 20 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
- 21 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
- 23 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
- 24 - Ace of Spades - Sacramento, CA
- 25 - Henry Fonda Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
- 28 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
- 29 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM
- 31 - Granada Theater - Dallas, TX
- 01 - White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
- 02 - Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
- 04 - State Theatre - St. Petersburg, FL
- 05 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
- 07 - Rams Head Live - Baltimore, MD
- 08 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
- 09 - Mr. Smalls Theatre - Millvale, PA
- 11 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
- 13 - Phoenix Concert Theatre -Toronto, ON
- 14 - Le National - Montreal, QC
- 15 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
- 16 - Theatre Of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA